LinkedIn is the leading professional network on the web, so if you don’t have an account already, get one today! If you have one already, you’re off to a great start.
But even then, I have heard many people say that they consider LinkedIn to be only a career search tool; however, LinkedIn is so much more than that. It is actually a fantastic service and resource for entrepreneurs to use in the development, launch and success of their ventures.
One feature you entrepreneurs may not know about or have fully explored is LinkedIn Groups. LinkedIn Groups are free to join, and you can choose to join up to 50 groups from a list of thousands of user-created groups for literally just about anything. Not only do these groups provide you access to connect with and contact fellow group members who could become future partners, employees, investors, customers etc. of your startup, but the groups’ discussion board and news sections can provide more networking opportunities, answers to your questions and insightful advice, tips and support.
While you should definitely join any and all groups connected to your college and/or graduate school, your professional organizations or other interests, here are the Top 20 LinkedIn Groups ALL Entrepreneurs MUST Join to go to the next level in business.
- On Startups – The Community For Entrepreneurs – Largest startup community on LinkedIn for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Startup Specialists – Community for entrepreneurs who are passionate about startup ventures.
- GoBigNetwork Startup Community – Community for entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and others who have an interest in facilitating the rapid growth of startup companies.
- Startup Mastermind – Group dedicated to providing networking opportunities and collaboration among startup founders, founding team members, and startup advisors.
- Start-Up Phase Forum – Community for entrepreneurs and small business owners in the startup or startup phase of their own businesses.
- Entrepreneur’s Network – Community for current and aspiring entrepreneurs offering a place to find answers, ask questions and connect with people in this space.
- Bright Ideas & Entrepreneurs – Forum for entrepreneurs from all over the world to share bright ideas and insights.
- Band of Entrepreneurs – Non-profit organization and community of, by and for entrepreneurs formed to facilitate and accelerate the development of the entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem.
- LInked Business Strategists – Network for professionals exchanging knowledge and helping entrepreneurs and startups find and evaluate the right strategies for their businesses worldwide.
- True Wealth Business Network – Community of business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals from across the globe and the verticals.
- Deal Flow Network – Group dedicated to connecting investors, entrepreneurs, inventors, and innovators to discuss and secure investment opportunities, deals, and funding.
- Let’s Get Funded – Community devoted to helping entrepreneurs find mentors and get their companies funded.
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Group – Discussion forum for the investors and entrepreneurs.
- eMarketing Association Network – Largest marketing community on LinkedIn for all professionals interested in new internet marketing ideas, strategies and tactics.
- Innovative Marketing, PR, Sales, Word-of-Mouth & Buzz Innovators – Network of professionals sharing creative marketing, public relations, promotions, and sales practices and advice.
- Social Media Marketing – Largest social media community on LinkedIn dedicated to interactive advertising and marketing professionals actively engaged in social media and community-oriented websites.
- Future Trends – Networking connecting fellow trend hunters, corporate visionaries and future thinkers representing a diverse cross section of industries.
- Sales Best Practices – Community dedicated to improving practices within business strategy, business development, sales and more.
- HARO – Help A Reporter Out – Network linking reporters and writers seeking sources for their articles to the experts, professionals and entrepreneurs who can help them.
- TopLinked.com (Open Networkers) – Largest open networking group on LinkedIn offering networkers more access to other valuable professionals and opportunities.
So, what groups did I miss? I’d love to hear from you.
These are some of the best LinkedIn groups for entrepreneurs. LinkedIn is full of incredible groups and it’s likely we missed some good ones that have recently sprung up. So, what are YOUR top LinkedIn groups for entrepreneurs? Suggest it in the comments below and we may include your suggestion in our next update of this post!